Hemp cooking is an interesting alternative to smoking marijuana. Consuming extracts from inflorescences or other parts of hemp is a good option for people with chronic diseases who use hemp for medical purposes. The recreational effect when eating cannabis is different than when smoking it. It differs primarily in intensity but also in duration of effect. And let's not forget the pleasure of eating, especially in the case of pumpkin muffins with hemp butter???? ingredients for pumpkin muffins with cannabutterIf
you are just beginning your adventure with hemp cooking, you need to know these 7 basic rules.
7 rules of hemp cooking:
- Most recipes will include hemp extract in the form of hemp butter(cannabutter) or hemp oil(canna oli) which supplement or completely replace fats in the recipe (e.g. butter, coconut oil, lard, olive oil).
- If you want to get the recreational (mood-enhancing) effects of cannabutter or canna oil you need to subject the cannabis to proper heat treatment.
- The psychoactive cannabinoid THC will never work if the cannabis herb is eaten untreated (our digestive system cannot digest cannabinoids without extraction). On top of that, the dish will simply be unpalatable (hemp contains a lot of oxalates and is bitter).
- THC is released only after the process of decarboxylation (release of carbon dioxide) when we roast the inflorescences and then boil them in fat at a temperature not exceeding 150 degrees C for a minimum of 1-2 hours.
- The longer we subject our herb to the cooking process, the more active substances will be released into the butter and the stronger effect will be obtained. Hemp butter can be cooked for up to 5-6 hours.
- The THC released and eaten is assimilated much more effectively than when smoked, so the effect is about 2 or even 3 times stronger than when smoked. Keep this in mind before you start your adventure with cannabis in the kitchen.
- NOTE: If the effect is too strong after consuming cannabutter or canna oli, drink sweet juice, eat fruit, or consume a product rich in CBD (Cannabidiol weakens the effect of Tetrahydrocannabinol).
want to maximize the health benefits of hemp, you should use products from different parts of the plant inyour cooking.
In addition to the well-known inflorescence extracts in the form of cannabutter or canna oli, it is worth using food products from hemp seeds. It is only by combining the ingredients in this way that we can multiply the beneficial properties for the body, because in addition to THC and other cannabinoids we get a good dose of minerals and vitamins. Cannabis sativa L.
In addition to hemp butter, today's recipe contains hempflour, made from ground seeds of
Cannabis sativa L. known as fiber hemp or hempseed
Hemp butter, rich in cannabinoids such as THC, CBD, CBDais responsible for the anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and relaxing properties of the muffins. Thanks to hemp flour, we replenish minerals such as calcium, magnesium, potassium, chromium, selenium to support the skeletal, nervous, digestive and immune systems.
What benefits will you get from eating Pumpkin muffin with cannabutter:
- You will get the effect of relaxation and improved mood,
- you will provide your body with a decent dose of micronutrients and vitamins,
- you will not cause a spike in blood sugar levels (sugar-free recipe).
Recipe for Pumpkin muffins with cannabutter
- 100 g cannabutter according to this recipe>>
- 1 cup of roasted pumpkin mousse
- ¾ cup of hemp flour
- ¾ of the cannabutter flour
- ¾ of wheat flour
- 1/3 cup coconut shavings
- ½ cup ground nuts
- 1 teaspoon baking powder,
- ½ teaspoon baking soda,
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon,
- 1 teaspoon cocoa or carob,
- 5 dates,
- 2 large, ripe bananas,
- 2 eggs,
- ½ cup of vegetable or cow's milk
wash the pumpkins, cut them into larger pieces without skin, coat them in oil, salt and bake them for 15 minutes at 200 degrees C. After taking out, we blenderize to cream. We reduce the oven temperature to 150 degrees C. In a tall dish we mix bananas, dates, add melted butter (cannabutter) and milk. Thoroughly mix with pumpkin mousse. In a 2nd bowl combine flours, ground nuts, coconut shavings, baking powder, baking soda, carob (cacao) and cinnamon. Mix thoroughly. Combine the wet and dry ingredients, mix thoroughly, add 2 eggs and mix 2 more times (so that the eggs are not completely scrambled).
The mixture for muffins should have the consistency of a not too smooth paste. There must be lumps. Line the baking trays with paper baking pans and fill each with the mixture. Place in the oven and bake at 150 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Serve with jam or a little honey. Enjoy.Pumpkin muffins with hemp butter